Forget those tiny, pricey little tubs of hummus, this is an amazing and simple hummus recipe. With this recipe as a base you can add additional flavor combos to create the perfect mouth watering appetizer to wow your friends.
- *Two 15oz cans of Chick Peas (aka Garbanzo Beans)
- 1/3 cup of the drained liquid from the beans
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Tahini
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- a couple Tablespoons of Flat Leaf Parsley (by taste)
- little bit of water
Mix all the ingredients (except water) in a food processor until smooth. If needed, add a little water to create a thinner consistency.
*Feel free to use dry Garbanzo Beans instead of canned if you have the time to soak and cook ahead of time.
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Kalamata Olives (*adjust the salt to accomodate)
- Roasted Red Pepper
When you are finished you will have about 3-4 cups of Hummus. Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator. If you won’t need all of it right away, scoop into smaller containers and freeze. There are some good tips on freezing hummus here.
Enjoy your hummus as –
- an appetizer – with chips, pita, or crudite
- a sandwich
- part of Middle Eastern dinner with falafel, tabouleh and stuffed grape leaves